News and events...
LAST aims to hold a minimum of four events per year, with additional ongoing outreach work being undertaken throughout the year.
Please see below for a list of events and campaigns held since November 2009:
- Bring and Not Buy Sale Musika Extravaganza – raising awareness, funds
and a clothing stockpile for survivors of trafficking being supported
by the POPPY Project (Feb 2010).
- Doula Campaign on behalf of the POPPY Project – sourcing funding for
emotionally supportive birth coaches (Doulas)
for pregnant survivors of trafficking (Dec 2009 – Feb 2010)
- Baby Campaign on behalf of the POPPY
Project – gathering baby clothes and items for pregnant survivors
of trafficking (Dec 2009 – Feb 2010)
- Interactive workshop on Trafficking as part of the Leeds
Summat, coordinated by Together
for Peace (Nov 2009)
- Short Film night as part of the Leeds International Film Festival
(Nov 2009). Award won: Grand
Jury Prize, Best International Short – 10 Min by Jorge Leon.